OWINGS MILLS, Md. — McDonogh School, located in Owings Mills, Md., is seeking an experienced head water polo coach for the 2023 fall season. This is a seasonal, stipend position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with two references to Scott Ward, Director of Aquatics at email@example.com
- Oversee the water polo program for the duration of the season (generally August-October)
- Design practice plans; supervise practices (4:00pm-6:00pm) and engage with participants, focusing on team development, skills growth, and character growth of student athletes within the program
- Oversee game management for all competitions (MIAA conference and other non-conference matches)
- Transport team to matches and competitions that occur off campus
Recommended Employment Qualifications:
- Red Cross Lifeguarding certification, Basic CPR, AED, and First Aid training.
- Experience coaching HS student athletes preferred
- Must be knowledgeable about the sport and rules of water polo
- Ability to comply with background check, including fingerprints, as required by the agency and/or state regulations
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and inclusive culture that values and respects difference across race, ethnicity, religion, and orientation or identity
- Highly effective communication skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must have organizational skills and attention to detail
Evening and weekend hours are required. Lifting and carrying of equipment is not typical, but may be required on rare occasions. Lifting up to 25 pounds. Must be able to drive a minibus or transit vehicle to transport team members. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to lifting, bending, standing, climbing and/or walking.