We are pleased that you have joined American Water Polo. We know coaches play the most vital role in our sport and we want to support you any way we can. That is why we pay for all clearance and safety certifications and your membership is always free. We also try to simplify your administration by not requiring sanctions to hold events or burdening you with unnecessary paperwork. Lastly, if you need equipment, advice, or support to run a league or tournament, just ask.
Background Check & Safety Training
To become an active AWP coach, you must not only register, you need to complete a background check and safety certification program as well.
We pay all costs associated with the certification process, all you need to do is provide some time to complete the requirements.
Certification requires three things:
- Concussion Course (about 20 minutes)
- NCSI Background Check
- Protecting Students from Abuse (about 20-25 minutes)
Note: insurance coverage for you and your athletes is void unless the coach on deck has completed the certification process.
Coach Safety Pledge
As an American Water Polo Coach, I agree to…
- Complete my Safety Certification
- Provide a safe environment for my athletes, including one free from alcohol and illegal substances while under my supervision
- Follow the guidelines and best practices promoted through the certification program