Lesson 7 Basic Rules Defense
Review the following rules:
- The object on defense is to stay between your opponent and the goal.
- Teams may substitute after a goal is scored, during a time-out, or during live play from the ejection area.
- Shots blocked out of bounds by defensive players result in the defensive team receiving possession. If the goal blocks the ball out of bounds the offense team maintains possession .
- If a defender uses two hands to block a shot with in the 5m area, the offensive team receives a penalty shot.
- Players cannot use the bottom of the pool to gain an advantage on offense or defense. This will result in a turnover or exclusion foul..
- The clock stops on any whistle and starts again when the ball is put back into play.