FORT WASHINGTON, Pa. — Germantown Academy, located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Upper School Girls Water Polo Assistant Coach, beginning August 19, 2019. The Academy, founded in 1759, is a non-sectarian, coeducational, college preparatory school of more than 1,100 students in Grades PK-12, located in the northwest suburbs of Philadelphia on a campus of 126 acres. A founding member of the prestigious Inter-Academic Athletic League, Germantown Academy prides itself on a rich history of athletics, generations of talented student-athletes, and opportunities to explore an incredible array of athletic experiences for all interested students. Typically, almost one-third of each graduating class goes on to pursue athletics at the collegiate level.
The Upper School Coach reports to the Girls Water Polo Head Coach. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Assist in the direction and instruction in the sport of water polo.
- Ability to mentor and motivate student-athletes in the sport of water polo emphasizing the students’ holistic development.
- Assist in the planning, organization and direction all US Girls Water Polo practices.
- Understanding of the rules governing the sport of water polo.
- Assist in contest management for all US Girls Water Polo contests.
- Communicate regularly with student-athletes and parents.
- Serve as a resource for the college selection process for Upper School Girls Water Polo student-athletes and their families.
- Assist in attracting quality student-athletes to Germantown Academy.
- Meet with the Head Girls Water Polo Coach on a frequent basis to review the status of the program.
- Communicate with the Associate Director of Athletics regarding scheduling and equipment needs.
- Comply with all professional guidelines as listed in the GA Coaches Handbook.
- Embody and embrace the GA mission, as well as uphold the standards established in the GA Staff/Faculty Handbook.
- Attend professional development opportunities in the sport of water polo and coaching.
- Work with the Sports Information Assistant to report meet results and promote the program.
- Previous participation in water polo at the high school level (college preferred).
- Minimum 1 year coaching experience (within a school setting preferred)
- Ability to travel to and from athletics contests and practices between the hours of 3pm-7pm.
- Associate degree; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
To apply for the position, please submit the following information:
- Cover letter
- A contact list of at least 3 references, including at least one current supervisor
For electronic submission, please send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For regular mail submission, please send your documents to:
340 Morris Road
Fort Washington, PA 19034
For more information about our school, please refer to www.germantownacademy.net.