BRIDGEPORT, Pa. — The Broward County (Fla.) Public Schools seeks water polo coaches at Cypress Bay (Weston, Fla.), Pompano Beach (Pompano Beach, Fla.), J.P. Taravella (Coral Springs, Fla.) and South Plantation (Plantation, Fla.) High Schools.
Qualifications: Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of any General Education Development (GED) Testing Program. Florida State Statute mandates that all high school coaches hold a valid Florida Educator Certificate. Applicants who do not hold a valid Florida Educator Certificate will be required to obtain an Athletic Coaching Certificate from the Florida Department of Education. Knowledge of the sport and the ability to impart this knowledge.
RESPONSIBILITIES : The Coach shall
1. operate a program within the philosophy of the school.
2. ably administer game details for home and away contests.
3. assign assistant coach’s specific duties.
4. ensure that all information and materials are conveyed to assistants.
5. be fully aware of legal responsibilities of his/her activity, take precautions against negligence, and keep the staff fully informed thereof.
6. provide for care, maintenance, and ordering of equipment and facilities for the entire program.
7. recommend assistant coaches.
8. recommend letter winners.
9. use professionally sound coaching methods.
10. set a good example for assistants.
11. be highly competent in the activity (i.e. rules, techniques, strategies and skills).
12. motivate the staff and players toward desired goals.
13. set the pattern for wholesome public relations within the school, community and other schools involved.
14. interpret his/her program to the community as a part of the complete educational program.
15. review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
16. ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
17. perform any other duties as may be assigned by the principal or athletic director.
18. follow federal and state laws, as well as School Board policies.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the School Board.
All candidates offered a position at the School Board of Broward County are subject to a national pre-employment background check. Employment is contingent upon the completion and review of a successful background check. All Applications are Subject to Florida Public Records Law.
To apply, CLICK HERE.