All American Water Polo athletes are expected to uphold the following guidelines. Failure to do so will result in a review of these actions and are subject to suspension or removable from American Water Polo.
- Treat everyone fairly within the context of their activity, regardless of gender, place of origin,color, sexual orientation,religion, political belief or economic status.
- Consistently display high personal standards and project a favorable image of their sport.
- Refrain from public criticism of other athletes, coaches or officials.
- Uphold the rules of the sport, spirit of such rules and encourage other athletes to do the same.
- Treat opponents and officials with due respect both in victory and defeat. Encourage other athletes to do the same.
- Learn the rules of water polo thoroughly. This will assist you in achieving a better understanding and appreciation of the game and promote fair play.
- Athletes are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship