UTICA, N.Y. — Utica College has an immediate opening for athletic assistant coach for women’s water polo. To apply, CLICK HERE.
Responsibilities: Assists Head Coach with all facets of a varsity sports program including organizing and planning of all practices and game strategies, training and health education of student athletes, monitoring academic progress of student athletes and recruiting of athletes for the Program.
Athletic Assistants are expected to take graduate classes and work toward their master’s degree. Athletic Assistant positions are 10 months (August 1-May 31). Athletic assistant’s tenure concludes upon earning a master’s degree or the conclusion of the agreement (3.5 year position).
A. Adheres to Utica College Athletic Department philosophy, including knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Provides and advises student athletes of obligations and requirements under said philosophy and NCAA rules and regulations.
B. Plans and runs daily practices sessions and periodic individual training sessions to ensure players are learning team concepts and safety issues while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
C. Monitors players’ academic success, providing direction when necessary, including providing for or arranging necessary academic help services.
D. May be required to teach physical education classes each semester as assigned by the Athletic Director.
E. Manages equipment usage, orders and maintains uniforms, balls, etc. Scouts opponents, tape exchange, etc. Assists Athletic Director with game scheduling, transportation, and coordinates publication of team media guide. Contributes time and assistance to Booster Club, if appropriate.
F. Recruits prospective student athletes giving them an opportunity to compete and to better themselves as athletes and individuals.
G. Will be required to attend van training annually.
H. May perform other related duties as assigned.
Salary: Part-time / $6,700 stipend, 12 graduate credit hours per year. College-owned housing or housing stipend will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years coaching experience
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Women’s Water Polo and Swimming
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with diversified group
- Strong organizations skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Knowledge of NCAA Water Polo rules / requirements
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (as defined by College insurance carrier guidelines)
- Must maintain a clean driving record as defined by College insurance carrier guidelines. Motor vehicle record will be monitored regularly using NYS License Event Notification Service or License Monitor, Inc. for out of state licenses.
- Will be required to attend van training annually.
- Accounting (M.S.)
- Computer Forensics Advanced Certificate
- Cyber Operations Advanced Certificate
- Cyber Policy Advanced Certificate
- Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis (M.P.S.)
- Cybersecurity (M.S.)*
- Economic Crime and Fraud Management (M.B.A.)
- Financial Crime and Compliance Management (M.S.)
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations (C.A.S)
- Health Care Administration (M.H.A.)
- Health Care Administration (M.S.)
- Management (M.B.A.)
- Monitoring, Surveillance and Intelligence Operations Advanced Certificate
- Organizational Risk Assessment and Management Advanced Certificate
- Professional Accounting (M.B.A.)
- Regulatory and Compliance Assurance Advanced Certificate
- Securities Compliance Advanced Certificate (C.A.S.)
- Adolescence and Students with Disabilities Grades 7-12 Generalist (M.S.)
- Adolescence Education Apprenticeship – Alternative Teacher Certification Program
- Adolescence Education, Grades 7-12 (M.S.)
- Adolescence Education, Grades 7-12, Dual Degree Program with BA in English (M.S.)
- Adolescence Education, Grades 7-12, Dual Degree Program with BA in History (M.S.)
- Childhood and Special Education, Grades 1-6 (M.S.)
- Childhood Education, Grades 1-6 (M.S.)
- Educational Leadership and Administration (M.S.)
- Educational Leadership and Administration – Non-certification (M.S.)
- Health and Physical Education (M.S.)
- Leadership and Instruction for Inclusive Classrooms (M.S.Ed.)
- Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner (M.S.)
- Nursing Education (M.S.)
- Nursing Leadership (M.S.)
- Special Education Teacher Certification Program (M.S.)
- Students with Disabilities Grades 7-12 Generalist (M.S.)