PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — La Salle College High School, located at 8605 Cheltenham Ave in Wyndmoor, Pa., seeks a Head Water Polo Coach to join the Athletic Department for the 2019-20 season. The Head Water Polo Coach assumes the responsibility and leadership for overall supervision of the team at all levels and:
- Organizes the program in a manner that is consistent with the school mission statement and athletic department philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Assumes responsibility for the general health, welfare, and safety of the student-athletes entrusted to their care.
- Develops good sportsmanship and provides a model for student athletes to emulate by embodying the core principles of the Lasallian educator.
- Complies with Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) and La Salle College High School policies and procedures.
- Organizes, directs, and supervises practice sessions and locker room facilities.
- Supervises assistant coaches and volunteers, following prior approval from the Athletic Administrator and completion of the HR onboarding process.
- Attends and assists the Athletic Administrator in the coordination of scheduling various meetings and events, including parent preseason, booster club, fall/spring coaches, and League and District coaches’ meetings.
- Maintains records for and from the Athletic Director and/or Principal.
- Monitors and encourages the student-athletes’ academic achievement.
- Ensures the general upkeep, protection, distribution, collection and, inventory of all equipment and uniforms. Submits requests to the Athletic Administrator (as needed).
- Maintains an allocated budget and following Business Office procedures for incurring and tracking expenditures and revenues.
- Develops good public relations in the school and community.
Candidates are required to have Water Polo knowledge and coaching experience on a high school level or beyond. Ideal candidates will have a knowledge of the school mission statement and athletic department philosophy with the ability to integrate both into a coaching philosophy.
For consideration please send a cover letter, current resume, and the La Salle College High School Employment Application to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by the May 17, 2019 deadline.
La Salle seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds and interests committed to the mission of the school.
La Salle College High School, a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership.