Main Line League Age Group Rules
Age Group Playing Rules & Helpful Hints
NCAA Playing Rules will be used with the following exceptions:
- 18 minute halves running time with last minute of each half stop time
- Two minute half-time where teams change ends
- One, two-minute time-out per half-does not carry over
- Team roster size is unlimited
- “10” Goal Sportsmanship Rule: Teams shouldn’t beat other teams by more than 10 goals
- OT only played in championship (sudden death)
- Red Cards one-game suspension, Flagrant Misconducts two-game suspension
12U Novice Division Additional Modifications:
- Physical contact should be limited. Any contact is an immediate foul even if the player is holding the ball
- Remember, safety comes first!
- Teams may play with five or six field players and a goalie as long as both teams agree.
- Players can use the bottom to stabilize but not to bounce off when shooting or blocking a shot.
- Course can be shortened to 20 yards long
- Goals are 3’ Height x 5’ Width
12U Experienced Division Additional Modifications:
- Physical contact should be limited. Any contact is an immediate foul even if the player is holding the ball. Remember, safety comes first!
- Teams play with six field players and a goalie unless otherwise agreed upon by both coaches.
- Normal goals or junior size can be used.
- Players should do their best to use only one hand to catch and throw.
- Players should limit the use of the bottom.
12 & U Helpful Hints:
- Limit the number of ejections you call. Only use it when extremely necessary.
- Don’t hesitate to explain a call if a player should be ejected but you’re only calling an ordinary.
- If they repeat the error again you can call the ejection.
- Don’t be afraid to compliment a good shot or a nice save. Give positive feedback.
- Work with the coaches to ensure the kids are having fun, learning and enjoying the experience.
- And again, above all THE SAFETY OF THE KIDS ALWAYS COMES FIRST!!!!!