Main Line League Age Group Rules
Age Group Playing Rules & Helpful Hints
NCAA Playing Rules will be used with the following exceptions:
- 18 minute halves running time with last minute of each half stop time
- Two minute half-time where teams change ends
- One, two-minute time-out per half-does not carry over
- 35 second shot clocks for 12u and 14u division. 30 seconds for all other divisions
- Team roster size is unlimited
- “10” Goal Sportsmanship Rule: Teams shouldn’t beat other teams by more than 10 goals
- A $100 fine will be assessed to the team that does not follow the 10 goal rule
- A $100 fine will be assessed to the team if they fail to show up for a game
- OT only played in championship (sudden death)
- Red Cards one-game suspension, Flagrant Misconducts two-game suspension
12U Novice Division Additional Modifications:
- Physical contact should be limited. Any contact is an immediate foul even if the player is holding the ball
- Remember, safety comes first!
- Ejections can be called when needed
- Teams may play with five or six field players and a goalie as long as both teams agree.
- Players can use the bottom to stabilize but not to bounce off when shooting or blocking a shot.
- Course can be shortened to 20 yards long
- Goals are 3’ Height x 5’ Width or standard size if smaller is not available
12U Experienced Division Additional Modifications:
- Physical contact should be limited.
- Ejection fouls should be called for impeding and physical play
- Teams play with six field players and a goalie unless otherwise agreed upon by both coaches.
- Normal goals or junior size can be used.
- Players should do their best to use only one hand to catch and throw.
- Players should limit the use of the bottom.